About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011



Doctor Who star Elisabeth Sladen, who was also in spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died aged 63. Sladen appeared as Doctor Who assistant Sarah Jane Smith in the BBC television sci-fi series between 1973 and 1976 opposite Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. In more recent times the Liverpool-born actress went on to appear in four series of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC. BBC entertainment reporter Lizo Mzimba said she had had cancer for some time.

[I had a HUGE crush on Elisabeth Sladen in her Tom Baker assistant role. She was probably one of the most important formative influences on what I found attractive in women. A sad day indeed. I’m honestly gutted….. ]

3 comments:

VV said...

63?! Wow, do I feel old. I remember her from Dr. Who, especially as Tom Baker was my favorite doctor. I can't even imagine her old. So sad.

dbackdad said...

I had not heard about that. Very sad. I was a big fan of hers as well.

Thomas Fummo said...

Very sad indeed. :(