About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, April 22, 2012


“There are, after all, atheists who say that they wish the fable were true but are unable to suspend the requisite disbelief, or who have relinquished belief only with regret. To this I reply: who wishes that there was a permanent, unalterable celestial despotism that subjected us to continual surveillance and could convict us of thought-crime, and who regarded us as its private property even after we died? How happy we ought to be, at the reflection that there exists not a shred of respectable evidence to support such a horrible hypothesis.”

Christopher Hitchens.

4 comments:

dbackdad said...

Gotta love the Hitch.

CyberKitten said...

I always found him very difficult to actually like... even if he often said good things.....

dbackdad said...

I love his humor, erudition and obviously his take on God. His take on Iraq? ... not so much. But I will suffer intelligent people that I disagree with on some issues before I will suffer those that I agree with but that are willfully ignorant and intellectually lazy.

CyberKitten said...

It is always more fun to disagree with intelligent people rather than disagree with idiots... [grin]