About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014


Jumping Lions!

For my American readers who watching the London NFL game between the Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions it may amaze you to know that I was there - along with several of my friends. I discovered that work was organising a trip and decided on the spare of the moment to throw my name into the hat.

Accidentally I ended up supporting the winning team - not knowing anything about either of them - because the Lions wore blue (my favourite colour), they where from Detroit (so Northern like me) and where therefore (presumably) from a predominantly working class culture - like me. Of course at half time my friends decided that I deserved some serious ribbing for picking the wrong side (I wore a newly purchased Lions baseball cap throughout) but I had the last laugh with the final kick and the final score. Needless to say we'll be back at Wembley next year for another game (though we don't know who will be playing yet).

No comments: