About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, March 16, 2024


Happy Birthday: Jerry Lewis (born Joseph Levitch; March 16, 1926 – August 20, 2017) was an American comedian, actor, singer and humanitarian who was famously nicknamed "The King of Comedy", with a career lasting over eight decades. He appeared in more than 60 motion pictures, starting in 1949 including sixteen Martin and Lewis musical comedy films with Dean Martin, as his partner.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Pretty sure the first thing I saw him in was "At War with the Army", which was with Dino. Great comic actor. I think my favorite solo film was the one where he worked in a hospital, The Disorderly Orderly -- there's this loooooooong shot of a patient in a stretcher careening down all these city streets and off a pier!

Stephen said...

Sammy Davis Jr got to sass Dean Martin on stage when Dino and Frank were giving Sammy grief for his impersonations -- "Aw, be nice, Dean, or I'll do Jerry!". Dino's response was uninspired. ("Whaddya kidding, he's outta show business...")

CyberKitten said...

I really liked him as a comedian growing up. Chalk it up to another introduction by my movie obsessed father...!