About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Grand Day Out.

I took a day off work yesterday to use up some holiday before our new Leave Year started. After pottering about a bit in the morning I hopped on a train to a near-by city for a bit of shopping and exploring. I haven't been there for 5 months or so and it was good to see the place again. I picked up a few Buddha statues (I'm particularly fond of those) and then popped into the city art gallery to see what they had on show - which brings me to the picture above. It's called 'Queen Eleanor' and its by Anthony Frederick Sandys. Rather nice isn't it?

After that bit of culture I treated myself to my favourite pasta dish at the local Italian and then toddled home with a well earned smile on my face.

It was a grand day out.

7 comments:

craziequeen said...

GORGEOUS picture, honey :-)

cq

CyberKitten said...

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for it as a print. I think I might have a few inches of wallspace... somewhere....

Paste said...

He's a much underated painter, I thought that this one was in a private collection, where did you see it?

CyberKitten said...

dave said: I thought that this one was in a private collection, where did you see it?

Cardiff. In the Art Gallery attached to the Museum.

Sadie Lou said...

I look a lot like that woman; freaked me out a little.

CyberKitten said...

Cool.. Maybe you should buy the print for Dan's birthday or something? Spread the freak.. [grin]

Sadie Lou said...

*smile*
I resemble a lot of depictions of women from that era. Something about the long nose, large brown eyes, a bigger forehead and full mouth with the white skin and curly brown hair.
I can pull up dozens of "Sadie Look-a-Likes"