About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Favourite Music: Songs from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I can honestly say that I loved this show – OK, maybe not Series 6… but the rest of it. There are obvious reasons why I liked it so much and some less obvious ones too. I guess that one of those was the music. The incidental music was pretty good (as evidenced by several tracks on the Radio Sunnydale CD) but what I really liked was the songs introduced either as background music or by real bands playing at The Bronze. Loving the show as I do I bought the first CD (cunningly called: Buffy the Vampire Slayer – The Album) as soon as it came out and played it to death. I then waited far too long for the second CD (the aforementioned Radio Sunnydale) and was most certainly not disappointed. Finally I even bought the CD of the very strange musical episode Once more, with Feeling. Yup. I’ve got it bad I tell you! But if you love the series anything like I do then you just have to own at least a part of the music.

5 comments:

Foilwoman said...

I have the Once More With Feeling CD. Heck, I'm starting to buy the DVDs of the show, which is super-pathetic. TV just hasn't been the same. I knew I liked you for reason. Go Buffy.

dbackdad said...

My wife's a huge Buffy fan. I liked it quite a bit too. The quirky dialog is what appealed to me.

And unlike my wife, I DID like the musical episode.

CyberKitten said...

foilwoman said: I knew I liked you for reason.

Thanks! Us Buffsters need to stick together... [grin]. Always good to meet other people with taste.

dbackdad said: The quirky dialog is what appealed to me.

Me too... Oh, and SMG and Ms Hannigan of course. Vampire Willow was a real treat to watch..

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I never saw this series while it was on the air..BUT, for my Birthday, Betty G's youger son Andy Parks gave me the DVD of the First Season, knowing I would no doubt get "hooked"....I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but reading your post about the music, I am putting it on my "must watch" list...this weekend!
I will get back to youy, dear CK!

JR said...

I'm one of "those people" who has never seen an episode or even so much as a clip from this show. I know people who loved the series, but never tuned in myself. I think it must have run against another show that I was really in to.