About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

From the Web.

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.

6 comments:

Jewish Atheist said...

Hehe. Having a tough time with the ladies? ;-)

CyberKitten said...

Not ATM... But this really tickled me.... Been there... done that.. [grin].

Juggling Mother said...

But - chosing a partner is not a rational decision! It can't be compared to chosing an employee.

Do you rally want the girl who picked you on the basis of your "qualifications", and not because she actually has any interest in you physically?

I know men find it hard to comprehend, but when women say they don't fany you, they really don't:-)

I blame When Harry met Sally!

JR said...

Oh this is too funny and so true! I've sometimes thought it would have been nice to divorce the physical attraction bit and just pick a guy based on his qualifications. I've know a number of stellar men who fell for me and would have been excellent mates, but the physical attraction just wasn't there. Oh, um, this was way back when I still dated boys. ;-) Would you believe, one long time male friend said to me once, "everyone at my office asks why we're not dating since we're always together." I flippantly told him, "just tell them I'm gay." This was a good 15 years or so before I even figured that out for myself.

CyberKitten said...

The Rule of Attraction is a very funny (strange) thing, is it not?

How often have we all said 'What *do* they see in each other' to couples we know.....

Strange beasts humans......... [grin].

Roya said...

Why would you assume that being a great friend qualifies someone for a sexual relationship?

If your dad is the person that is most close to you, would you sleep with him?

There are people that one talks to and there are people, that one sleeps with, as there are people you buy clothe from and then there are people who you hang around with.