About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, October 16, 2011



Happy Birthday to Seeking a Little Truth (SaLT) – Six today!

It only seems like yesterday that I posted here that this Blog was 5 years old. Well, today it’s an amazing 6 years old! How time flies when you’re having fun – and fun it has been. Actually the most fun I get – apart from the comments and conversations that grow from them – is the search for new things to post here. My aim – as always – is to amuse, inform, and sometimes at least surprise or even shock. We are all, to one degree or another, set in our ways. We read the same newspapers, watch the same shows and read the same books that we know we’ll enjoy. Few out there actively challenge their own world view. I hope that I am a little more flexible than that – though I’m aware that there are areas of knowledge that hold no interest for me or that, as far as I’m concerned, need little further investigation (or at least not right now). At least I think that I’m aware of some of my prejudices, enough at least to prevent a fall into thinking that I actually know things for certain. I remain enough of a sceptic to realise that everything I think I know could be wrong. So I remain a seeker after truth – or at least a little truth. I have enjoyed sharing some of my thoughts here so far and no doubt will enjoy doing so for much longer. Here’s to the next 6 years…..  

4 comments:

VV said...

Happy Blogiversary! It doesn't seem like its been that long. Keep up the interesting posts.

dbackdad said...

Count me in for the next 6 years! May the blog go on ...

Stephen said...

Well, congratulations! I can't remember how I found you -- probably one blog role or another -- but there's no other blogger whose posts I look more forward to reading.

CyberKitten said...

V V said: Keep up the interesting posts.

Thanks I will... at least I'm aiming to be interesting... [grin]

dbackdad said: Count me in for the next 6 years! May the blog go on ...

I'm certainly not *planning* on going anywhere.... and I think you'll like some of the things I have in the pipeline.

sc said: there's no other blogger whose posts I look more forward to reading.

Thanks! That's very kind of you to say.... and i hardly feel any pressure because of it [grin]