About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, January 05, 2015


Challenge Accepted….!

I saw this Challenge over at ‘This Week at the Library’ and thought that it would be a fun thing to do this year. Inevitably I’ve decided to do it hard-core with only a single category being covered by one book. Otherwise I’d be in the position of covering at least 5 categories with my present read of Jane Erye which would in my twisted mind make it both too easy and too short. So, 50 categories and 50 books….. The only ones that are presently giving me pause are ‘a funny book’ (as I don’t tend to read comedy as such), ‘a book that scares me’ (as I don’t tend to do any kind of horror genre stuff), a ‘book set in high school’ (that’ll definitely be a challenge!), a ‘book that made me cry’ (as again I don’t really do emotional works and I doubt if I’d read a book expecting it to upset me – so this will be more of a hit/miss sort of deal), the ‘Christmas’ book might cause me a problem but when all else fails there’s always Dickens and the ‘banned book’ will have to probably be one that had been banned rather than one that is presently banned unless you want to stretch it to a ‘book presently banned somewhere’ – which might throw it open to lots of possibilities. What I will try is to be as inventive as I can be and see how twisted I can get whilst still completing each part of the challenge itself. Some of them will be ridiculously easy and others will be frustratingly difficult no doubt but it will be fun having a go. So… Challenge accepted and Game On!

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Maybe you could count Bernard Cornwell's material as funny.

CyberKitten said...

Erm, not really. OK, they had their laughs... but I wouldn't call then funny. [grin]

Stephen said...

Do you remember that novel where the soldiers yelling "BADAJOZ!" or "BAGAJOZ!" was a running joke? I have no idea why, but the soldiers would burst out laughing every time they yelled it, and so help me I grin at the town name when I see it.

I still have no idea why. (Other than the herd instinct, I guess.)

CyberKitten said...

Don't remember the "BADAJOZ!" or "BAGAJOZ!" thing. I'm guessing it's weird enough to be historically true.

Either that or Bernard was 'having a moment'... [grin]