About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

In that moment, 130 miles in space, he ceased to be an American citizen and became a citizen of the planet. Every astronaut he knew felt the same. From out there it was so painfully, horribly obvious that mankind, squabbling and falling out like a pack of ignorant loutish children, was in danger of fouling its own nest. They were mindlessly overpopulating the planet, squandering its resources, filling it with deadly pollution. And all the while demanding more, grabbing more, pushing one another out of the way in a stupid, selfish, greedy scramble.


Trevor Hoyle: The Last Gasp (1983)  

2 comments:

VV said...

I'm feeling overwhelmed and pessimistic about our world, and I'm usually pretty optimistic.

CyberKitten said...

Oh, I think you have every right to feel that way.