About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, June 04, 2018


Play It Again, Sam…………………

Although my tastes in music are pretty wide – actually very wide – I do have favourites. Favourite genres, favourite decades, favourite bands, artists, styles and favourite CD’s (yes, I’m of that generation). So I find myself listening to whole albums – remember them! – and memorising every track, every pause and the start of every next track. I was going to list the 10 CDs I listen to most but when I started putting together a pile it turned out to be a few more than 10, and that was without listing the compilation sets I have……

So, without more ado, the presently most popular CDs in my house are:

Play – Moby
Fallen – Evanescence
Endlessly – Duffy
Rockferry – Duffy
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Radio Sunnydale – Various Artists
Visage – Visage
Crossroad: The Best of Bon Jovi – Bon Jovi
Methods of Dance – Various Artists
Brand New Eyes – Paramore
B.R.M.C – Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Insomnia: The Best of Faithless – Faithless
Pyramid – The Alan Parsons Project
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Album – Various Artists
Vienna – Ultravox
Eyes Open – Snow Patrol
Stay Gold – First Aid Kit
Bright Soundtrack – Various Artists
Different Dimensions – Tomita
Autoamerican – Blondie
A Hundred Million Suns – Snow Patrol
The Best Ever Time to Relax – Various Artists
The Big Black and Blue – First Aid Kit
Argus – Wishbone Ash
Bulletproof Picasso – Train
Let It Bleed – The Rolling Stones
Becoming X – Sneaker Pimps
The Lions Roar – First Aid Kit
Ray of Light – Madonna
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Score – Christopher Beck
The Anvil – Visage
Zerospace – Kidney Thieves
Final Straw – Snow Patrol
Fire Within – Birdy

….and now I have a lot of my favourite music in one stack of CDs….. [rubs hands].

3 comments:

Stephen said...

First Aid Kit is one of the few from that list I recognize. I can still remember when they were two kids in flannel, singing a cover in the woods. :)

Mudpuddle said...

where's the Bach and Vivaldi?

CyberKitten said...

@ Stephen: First Aid Kit are fabulous. Such a great sound. I love to relax to those two... But no knowledge of Moby?, Paramore? Ultravox? Snow Patrol? Wishbone Ash? *The Rolling Stones*???

@ Mudpuddle: I actually haven't listened to much Classical for a while. I must do a post about it... [muses]