About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, April 29, 2019

"In 1944, just after the success of D-Day, and at a time when the UK was being governed by a government of national unity led by Winston Churchill, Gallup conducted a poll in which it asked respondents whether they thought that British politicians were first and foremost out for themselves,, for their party, or for their country; 35% said they were out for themselves, 22% that they put their party first, and only 36% that they cared most about their country."

Mark Thompson, Enough Said, 2016

[TOUGH crowd!]

5 comments:

Brian Joseph said...

Those results do seem suprising for the time. It seems that a large percent of the purchase is going to be cynical no matter what.

CyberKitten said...

I was *very* surprised by those results. It does look like you can't please anyone no matter what you do!

mudpuddle said...

nobody has ever trusted politicians: they have a poor track record...

CyberKitten said...

@ Mudpuddle: Politics and Cynicism came into existence simultaneously.

Judy Krueger said...

I don't trust polls. Does that make me cynical?