About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, May 09, 2020

Sarah’s Book Tag

I’ve been tagged by Sarah over @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken so….. Here’s her questions:

1. Would you have rather have been at court with Eleanor of Aquitaine during her estrangement from Henry II and chat with her on occasion, or be under house arrest with her for fifteen years until Henry II died and Richard I freed her?

Erm……. Erm…….

2. Would you rather have lived at the court of Henry II or Henry VIII?

Oh, Henry VIII – Much more fun I imagine! Never a dull moment in *that* court!

3. Would you rather have been Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, or Jane Seymour?

As I like my head ON my shoulders I’d say not Anne Boleyn. Jane Seymour died in childbirth and Catherine appears to have died of (comparative) old age so I’d have to say Catherine – plus as Henry’s first wife she got the fun time younger version of Henry before the volcanic temper and the weight gain…..

4. Would you rather be forced to read the last chapter first of every book you ever read for one year, or have the last chapter be missing entirely?

Oh, read the last chapter – and then go back to the beginning to see how we get there. Missing the last chapter would be pretty much hell not knowing how things end.

5. Would you rather have a friend who always loses books you lend them, or only returns them water-logged/with food or drink stains?

I am a VERY rare book lender and only ever lend books to people I REALLY trust and still don’t expect them back (just the once).

6. Would you rather have your favourite book turned into a movie/tv show, or your fave movie/tv show turned into a book?

Book into TV show/Movie. Done well they’re brilliant. Turning a movie/TV show into a book is pretty useless in my experience/opinion although you do get to add expensive FX and backstory....

7. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or famous author?

Famous author. Upgrades on flights, fan base etc…. Reviewers get to read stuff. I do that anyway……. And I even review it (for free!).

8. Would you rather be able to visit your favorite book and talk to your favorite characters once, or visit whenever you wanted, but only as an invisible observer?

Get to visit inside Pride & Prejudice and try to get Elizabeth away from D’Arcy. That’d be FUN.

9. Would you rather own a bookshop or work at a library?

Own a Bookshop. I actually seriously thought about that one time – including seeking actual financial advice.

10. Would you rather only read physical copies or ebooks for an entire year?

Definitely hard copy. I have ZERO interest in ebooks (which in my mind aren’t ‘real’ books).

1 comment:

mudpuddle said...

HA! (now we know, hee, hee...)