About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, January 13, 2024


Neglected Book Zones 

I’ve been thinking of this for a while, but last year's attempt to read as many label types as possible kind of crystalised things. It’s obvious (to me at least) that I’ve been neglecting some areas of my reading that I used to read in quite heavily. Again, obviously habits and interests change over time, but I think it's time to turn that around – or at least turn this juggernaut back a bit in their direction. One subject in particular REALLY jumps out at me – Philosophy. I used to really enjoy that subject, indeed SO much that I did a Master's Degree in it! These days however I hardly pick up a book on the subject despite having most of a shelf unit overflowing with volumes of the stuff, the vast majority only being partially read for essay prep. So, there’s going to be more reading being done in that particular ‘zone’ and most especially on ethics which I really liked studying during my first degree.  But that’s not it... Between everything else I’m intending to at least try to read more on the following: 

Ancestry
Religion
Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
Vampires
The Tudors

So, expect at least a sprinkling of books on those subjects coming up. I don’t have anything planned at present, but I’m sure that I can parachute the odd, and sometimes very odd, book into my reading from time to time. One other subject which is new(ish) to me – book-wise at least – is Music. So, expect more music related reading too! Most of it (presently at least) will be modern, as in post-1960's, but as I listen to more classical music, care of my daily dose of Classic FM, I’ll want to start reading about the Great Composers too. But, as always with me... We’ll see what happens! 

2 comments:

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

Music is a fantastic subject. Eleanor will have tons of suggestions for you - all involving One Direction.

CyberKitten said...

LOL! No, thanks.....