There is an old meme about a man confessing he has two wolves inside him -- each wolf representing different aspects of human nature, whether that be selfishness or generosity, pleasure or wisdom, etc -- and being asked by a child which one wins. "The one I feed," says the old man. I try to keep that in mind when grumbling...there are many things worth grumbling about, but one doesn't want to become someone who does nothing BUT grumble.
4 comments:
There is an old meme about a man confessing he has two wolves inside him -- each wolf representing different aspects of human nature, whether that be selfishness or generosity, pleasure or wisdom, etc -- and being asked by a child which one wins. "The one I feed," says the old man. I try to keep that in mind when grumbling...there are many things worth grumbling about, but one doesn't want to become someone who does nothing BUT grumble.
Yup. Feeding the *right* wolf is key.
Brilliant!
Great, isn't it? If only more people knew that early in life.
Post a Comment