About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Behind The Blogger – Book Tag (from Sarah – again).

Sarah, over at All The Book Blog Names Are Taken, has tagged me again…. So here it is:

Why did you start blogging? Why have you kept blogging?

I started because all of my friends were doing it (go figure). I kept blogging because of the interesting conversations I struck up and the people I’ve ‘met’ that wouldn’t have happened without it.

What is your favourite type of blog post to write?

Book reviews and my ‘Thinking About’ series when something strikes me as worth sharing.

What are your top three favourite blog posts you wrote?

I couldn’t list them but I do really enjoy getting the tone and feel just right.

What are some of your favourite things to do to relax?

Reading (naturally), playing computer games, watching movies.

What are three of your favourite things?

Books. Music. Brunettes.

What are your proudest blogging moments?

Getting positive comments from authors when I review their books. But it does stress me out thinking that the author might take exception to my views. Plus the pleasure of a well crafted post.

What are your hobbies outside of blogging?

Mostly reading and gaming.

Describe your personality in three words.

Taciturn, Inquisitive, Philosophical. 

What are your top three pet peeves?

Wilful Ignorance. Duplicity. Intolerance.

What is something your followers don't know about you?

I almost lost my right eye in an accident as a teenager – I still have the scar visible in my eyebrow. The doctor in A&E said that if the impact had been half an inch lower my right eye would have gone. At that point my mother fainted. As far as I can remember I was thinking that an eye patch would look cool on me.

8 comments:

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

And I will tag you again and again and again, unless you don't want me too. You can say so, it won't hurt my feelings :)

Taciturn is such a neglected word, and it is one of my favorites. Let's use it a lot and bring it back into everyday vocab.

Thanks for playing <3

CyberKitten said...

@ Sarah: No probs, I just might skip a few or be somewhat terse.

I got told off at work a few times for using words 'not in common usage' to which I replied that a) people should know these words or b) its an opportunity to increase people's vocabulary. My classic example was the use of the word 'winnowing' in a report. No one knew what it meant. So I explained it (and it described *exactly* what I was doing). I was advised to remove it and refused. In a conference later the use of the word was brought up. My BIG boss told HER boss that it was MY word.... I was SO proud because the REALLY big boss had to ask one of her staff to look it up... [lol]

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

No worries, always feel free to do as many or as few as you want. I am intrigued by two things - firstly the fact that someone had to look up what winnowing meant. The second is, what was he report about that the word fit? I wish other people loved words as much as we do!

CyberKitten said...

I have no idea why they needed to look the word up. *I* certainly knew what it meant - but I do read Jane Austen & stuff so....

The report was actually my annual staff report - which we wrote about ourselves. I was explaining the process where I separated items from lists that we dealt with and which items needed to go to other departments to deal with - AKA separating wheat from chaff AKA winnowing. Made *complete* sense to me. I was highly amused by other peoples reactions though. Chuckled about it for WEEKS.

mudpuddle said...

whenever i winnowed in the past i ended up by throwing out everything... don't know the word for that, tho...

VV said...

Winnowing? Seriously? That’s not an uncommon word.

Judy Krueger said...

The human race is currently being winnowed.

CyberKitten said...

@ VV: I know... Right!

@ Judy: It has even been thus....... But we should definitely be giving out many more Darwin Awards.