About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, October 17, 2020

For A Few Labels More….

Just a short note: I’ve recently added a few more Labels over on the Right. They are

President

PM

Although I’m certainly not intending reading biographies of ALL of the US Presidents I have read and am planning on reading a few books which mention them (or at least some of them) in reasonable depth so I thought that they’d shortly need their own special place on the Blog. As I’ve mentioned before, my main historical focus (book wise) is on UK and European matters but the US can’t really be ignored. Plus the fact that it might help me actually understand that rather strange place!

The other label is in recognition that I do intend to read about a fair number – I doubt if I could read books on ALL of them in what remains of my life – of our Prime Ministers. Presently I’m starting from a VERY low base of one on Churchill’s youthful experiences long before he moved into politics never mind became Prime Minister (twice). I presently have one more PM related book in my Review pile and another in my Read Soon pile so – label time it is! I’ve also discovered a series of short books (about 170 pages) on all of the 20th century PMs so they’ll start appearing – in date order naturally – from next year. So be prepared to see political biographies on people you’ve never heard of….

2 comments:

mudpuddle said...

laudable ambition! the usa is a classic example of psychosis en masse... very strange place...

CyberKitten said...

The US is, at least from a distance, a VERY strange place. I have some idea (or at least a theory) of why things are as they are right now but I need to bolster my hypothesis with some facts first..... [grin]