About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, May 02, 2021

Links & Connections (1)

 

My regular readership will know by now that I like to ‘play’ with my book reading. For one thing it keeps things fresh and for another it throws up books that I might never have gotten around to until much later if at all. In that vein the keen-eyed among you will have already noticed a few playful book matches over the previous year or so. They were:

The Final Hour by Tom Wood and

The Last Hour by Harry Sidebottom

(An obvious play on the titles of two – very different – books)

Ice Cold Heart by P J Tracy and

Cold Cold Heart by James Elliot

(Ditto – except with much more similarity between topics!)

So far, so simple. There’s another set (of 3 this time) in my review pile with several more lined up. What can I say… I’m easily amused – thankfully! Hopefully I won’t need to explain my links, despite having a somewhat twisted and devious mind, but when called to I’ll try my best to lay out my thinking. BTW – No Points for false positives but no doubt there will be links between books that I’m simply unaware of. I'll see how things go, but I'll post an update every 6 months to see how I'm doing - as well as to see if other readers are also easily amused as I am! [grin]  

3 comments:

mudpuddle said...

i'm on tenterhooks!

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

I love this idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

CyberKitten said...

@ Mudpuddle: I'll try not to disapoint!

@ Sarah: Thanks, I have a triple in my review pile and 2 doubles in my read next pile so..... It's fun trying to match titles up - especially when they have nothing else in common.