About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, February 05, 2022

100 Questions: Part 2 (‘borrowed’ from Marianne @ Let’s Read).   


51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? During my first year at Secondary/High school aged 11. I looked really cute back then. I still have the photograph. 

52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? They can be, yes. But they can also be amazing. My favourite is still the original West Side Story. 

53. Is Christmas stressful? No, quite the opposite.  

54. Ever eat a pierogi? I had to Google that, so no. 

55. Favourite type of fruit pie? Not a HUGE fan of fruit pie. 

56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? My first dream job was author. Thinking about it later I’d probably have loved being a Civil Engineer or an Architect. 

57. Do you believe in ghosts? Absolutely not. I’m a deep sceptic about all things supernatural. 

58. Ever have a deja-vu feeling? Yes. I used to have them often when younger. I’ve even described future events to people minutes before they occurred exactly as I’d said they would. I do other ‘tricks’ too but people stop being impressed after a while and just roll their eyes at me!  

59. Do you take a vitamin daily? Yes, plus others for around 30 years now. 

60. Do you wear slippers? No. 

61. Do you wear a bathrobe? No. 

62. What do you wear to bed? NOYB – cheeky! 

63. What was your first concert? I think I only really started going to concerts when I started University. So probably my first concert was The Stranglers. I was later lucky enough to see Queen with Freddie Mercury. 

64. Walmart, Target, or Amazon? No Walmart or Target here (although we have ASDA which is part of the Walmart empire). Generally, I shop ‘through’ Amazon rather than ‘with’ Amazon. 

65. Nike or Adidas? Neither. FAR too expensive! Presently I’m wearing Skechers (though not exactly at the moment as I’m indoors!). 

66. Cheetos or Fritos? Neither. 

67. Peanuts or sunflower seeds? Peanuts – in multiple varieties. Just salted or dry roasted for preference.

68. Ever hear of the group Blackpink? Nope. I had to look them up. Not exactly a fan of K-Pop, although I do like some Japanese pop/rock bands. I even bought some on CD on Japanese import. Weird but fun. 

69. Ever take dance lessons? No. 

70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? No, see 92. 

71. Can you curl your tongue? Yes. 

72. Ever won a spelling bee? Not the sort of thing we have here. I’d never heard of them until one was referenced on a US TV show or movie. 

73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? No. 

74. Own any record albums? A few. I have hundreds of 45’s though. I assisted a friend DJ back in the 80’s at University. 

75. Own a record player? Not presently. 

76. Do you regularly diffuse oils? No. 

77. Ever been in love? Oh, once or twice. Back in my youth I used to fall in love every time the wind changed direction.   

78. Who would you like to see in concert? Probably Snow Patrol or Train. They’re always on my Top CD choice. Snow Patrol is playing downstairs right now. 

79. What was the last concert you saw? It’s been a ‘few’ years, so I’m guessing either Counting Crows or Belinda Carlisle.   

80. Hot tea or cold tea? Hot tea if that was the choice. 

81. Tea or coffee? Generally, neither these days although I used to drink a LOT of tea back in the day. Never liked coffee.  

82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles? Erm, what?  

83. Can you swim well? No, never learned – although I have both snorkeled and scuba-dived (sort of!) on the Great Barrier Reef. 

84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes, can’t everyone? 

85. Are you patient? Sometimes, as required. 

86. DJ or band at a wedding? DJ at the last one I attended. 

87. Ever won a contest? Yes, many. 

88. Have you ever had plastic surgery? Nope.  

89. Which are better: black or green olives? Neither. 

90. Can you knit or crochet? No. 

91. Best room for a fireplace? They’re a bit out of date these days. I do quite like an open fire though – except for looking after them. They can be a lot of hard work especially if you’re using coal. Wood burners are probably better. No idea how expensive they are though. 

92. Do you want to get married? Absolutely not (apart from it being a bit late for me now!). I never understood the desire to be honest. 

93. If married, how long have you been married? See 92. 

94. Who was your high school crush? Probably either one of my teachers or a Dr Who companion. I had quite a ‘thing’ about Elizabeth Sladen AKA Sarah Jane Smith. 

95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? No, I’m not a child! [lol] 

96. Do you have kids? None that I know of. 

97. Do you want kids? I thought about it but decided that if the opportunity/choice ever arose then I’d say no. As I got older, I moved from indifference to having kids to determination not to. Part of the reason is that I think bad times are coming and that bringing kids into that kind of world just wouldn’t be fair on them.   

98. What is your favourite colour? Sky Blue – although I have developed a liking for Red and even Green.  

99. Do you miss anyone right now? A few people from work maybe. I talk to most of my friends most days – although we haven’t seen each other IRL for a little while now. 

100. Who are you going to tag next? No one. I don’t tag generally, but feel free if the muse takes you. 

8 comments:

mudpuddle said...

i've experienced #58 also, but not for quite a while: about fifty years i guess...

CyberKitten said...

@ Mudpuddle: It's a weird feeling.. and a weird phenomena! Not exactly sure how it works though. Or if its just a psychological or physiological illusion.

VV said...

So envious that you got to see Queen! Also, my stupid parlor trick is calling out the numbers on dice before they’re rolled. I’ve called the roll of dice six times in a row about three times in my life. That’s my record. I never do it premeditated, just when there’s a game going on and I get a feeling about me, then I know I can do it. I don’t know how I do it, but it’s fun freaking people out. 🤣

CyberKitten said...

@ V V: It is FUN freaking people out like that. My 'party trick' @ work was instantly counting things like cable ties we used a lot. Someone would ask for 36 or something and I'd pick a handful out of a bag and hand it to them. There you are, I'd say, 36. When they insisted on a count there would indeed be 36. One of my contractors would roll her eyes and tell people not to be impressed because I did that sort of thing 'all the time'.

My best one was in college though. I was in my 2nd year of a Psychology course and the 1st years were doing ESP tests. When one of them tested me I correctly picked 27 playing cards in a row. She was SO pleased when I eventually got one wrong. I was really freaking her out by that point! [lol]

Marianne said...

Thanks for leaving your link on my post. I did this one. Blogger better get their act together soon. I'm so fed up with them.

Anyway, it was really nice to see your answers. I've actually seen Queen back in 1980 and a lot of the younger kids (including my own) envy me for that. So, something else we have in common.

CyberKitten said...

@ Marianne: I liked Queen. When we saw them (in 1984 I think it was) they were supported by Status Quo. We laughed at the fact that we knew all the tunes despite none of us being fans... [grin]

CyberKitten said...

Actually, looking at the tour dates it must have been Newcastle in 1986 - my last year at University.

Marianne said...

I don't think we had another band that night, at least I don't remember. If we did, they were of no importance. I even found the concert we saw on YouTube.