About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, September 24, 2022

A-Z Questions – Borrowed from Marianne @ Let’s Read 

A. Attached or Single? 

Single. It’s my default position. 

B. Blue or Black? 

Tricky... My favourite colour is Blue but I like wearing Black. 

C. Cats or Dogs? 

Love cats (had you noticed?) but really like dogs. 

D. Down 10 flights of stairs or Up to 2 flights? 

Don’t mind stairs, although walking down TOO many flights plays a bit with my knees 

E. Email or Snail mail? 

Can’t remember the last time I sent an actual letter. These days I might send 2-3 e-mails most days. At work I used to send/receive a LOT. 

F. Fairytales or Nonfiction? 

Non-fiction. There’re FAR too many fairy tales floating around these days. We need to be grounded in facts, evidence and solid testable theory. 

G. Gain a pound or Gain some money? 

Well, I’m (slowly) gaining weight over time, so..... Money is always useful though...... 

H. Hop on one foot or Jumping jacks? 

Hop on one foot.... Not sure why I’d want to though! 

I. Ice cream or Ice cones (aka snow cone)? 

Either. I was always a sucker for a 99 in my day (that’s a cone of soft ice cream with a cadbury’s flake in it 

J. Juice or Water? 

Juice. I only drink straight water when I really have to. 

K. Kiss a frog or Hug a bear? 

I do like frogs but I don’t think I’d ever kiss one. If the bear was amenable to a hug I’d be happy to oblige 

L. Lose your heart or Lose your mind? 

People would say I’ve already lost my mind. I always liked being in love though, maybe a little TOO much [lol] 

M. Music or Silence? 

Depends on the circumstance and my feelings. I like music playing @ home (Classic FM on the radio presently) and used to have headphones on when I was outside.  

N. Nuts or Chips? 

Both.  

O. Oatmeal or Cereal? 

Cereal. Never got on with oatmeal although we had it as children for some reason. 

P. Pizza or Spaghetti? 

Pizza. Spaghetti is usually too much effort. 

Q. Queen for a day or Quiet for a day? 

FAR too much effort being Queen so quiet it is. 

R. Rain or Sun? 

Sun, or at least sunlight. Not too much though as I burn easily. Plus being British we see enough of rain thanks! 

S. Steak or Salad? 

Salad. I’m a VEGGIE! [grin] 

T. Talk to a stranger for a minute or talk to your enemy for an hour? 

I don’t really have enemies – none living anyway. Plus, strangers tend to talk to ME. Meeting new people and getting to know them was one of THE fun parts of my last job. I met SO many interesting and nice people. 

U. Unicorns or Unicycles? 

DEFINITELY unicorns. Who could POSSIBLY say no to a UNICORN? 

V. Vanilla or Chocolate? 

Vanilla.  

W. Walk or Run? 

Walk. I walk EVERYWHERE. It’s a really great way to get to know a place and, of course, chat to strangers! 

X. Xray vision or Power to fly? 

Flying. I’ve has SO many dreams about flying that it’d be really great to try it for real. 

Y. Yoga or the Gym? 

I tried the Gym for a while. The hardest part about it I found was the boredom. 

Z. Zipper or Velcro 

Definitely a zipper rather than buttons. Too much faff with buttons. Velcro is SO good though – until it gets all fluffy and stops working. 

2 comments:

lissa said...

Your answer to A is also mine.

I think it's more likely for most people to get emails now than snail mail although I do think getting actual paper mail is something I would miss if I didn't get any.

It's interesting that you flying dreams. I used to have them but I never could decipher if they mean anything. Isn't flying means we want to get to somewhere?

Some of these questions are a bit absurd, right? You gave such fun answers.

Have a lovely day.

CyberKitten said...

Thanks Lissa and welcome. Book-wise I post reviews Monday's and Thursday's (you'll notice my very wide tastes in reading) and random stuff that made me think or laugh the rest of the week.

When I was younger I used to have floating/flying dreams a lot - plus the odd falling/crashing to the floor wake up dreams! It was probably my hind brain wanting to escape somewhere! [lol]

Yes, some of the questions in these lists are pretty absurd. Glad I was amusing. That was at least part of my aim (as always).