About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, February 27, 2023


I was definitely much more of an asshole in my late teens/early 20's than I am now. But I was always pretty much afraid to ask girls out.... Luckily, I'm neither THAT post-modern nor Marxist (neo or otherwise). Oddly though, people have considered me intimidating.... ME! That always both amazed me and made me laugh (although it also made me rather sad hearing it..... I mean..... I'm a PUSSYCAT).

3 comments:

Marian H said...

One attitude I've encountered is "you're either a potential partner or you're a nobody to me." This idea that men and women should operate in separate bubbles except for dating/mating. I couldn't respect a man who views women in this light, and I wouldn't want to be friends with a woman who objectifies men in that way, either. Does that make me a postmodern neo-Marxist? *shrugs* I would like to think the best societies, in all times and places, have valued the concepts of greater community and brotherly/sisterly support.

CyberKitten said...

Seriously? Someone honestly said that a person is either a sex object, a THING, or nothing? Wow! What an 'enlightened' attitude! I'm torn between classifying it as the height of arrogance or stupidity.... [muses]

What about things like friendship, companionship, what about siblings, work partners, common acquaintances....? There are *lots* of relationships apart from sexual ones and should you EVER treat *anyone* as if they are no one to you? Common humanity, anyone? Jeeeze.....

Marian H said...

I'm paraphrasing the attitude, it wasn't direct quote. I don't think any of these people are even conscious they behave in ways that contributes to this mentality. :/