About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, May 20, 2023

100 Questions – to get to know someone. 


91. What is one thing you would most like to change about the world? 

That we stop killing each other. Or maybe that we stop treating people as disposable ‘things’ rather than human beings. 

92. What piece of advice would you give 10-year-old you? 

Don’t take things TOO seriously and stop chasing or agonising over people who have zero interest in you. 

93. Have you ever broken the law? 

Probably. I’ve certainly been in cars that broke the speed limit. I’ve probably been in places that I shouldn’t have been. I don’t think I’ve ever stolen anything – except by accident. I’ve (at least potentially) enabled tax evasion by paying in cash. So, nothing of real consequence. 

94. If you won the lottery, what would you spend the money on? 

A bigger house so that I can have a room (or two?) purely dedicated to books with proper fitted shelves and stuff. That’d be cool. Plus, I’d travel First Class and stay 5 Star wherever I went. 

95. What was your favourite book as a child? Why? 

I didn’t really read as a child, so I have no really childhood favourites. But my favourite genre in my mid to late teens was Science-Fiction. 

96. Do you snort when you laugh? 

Generally, no. 

97. Are you a good dancer? 

Generally, no. 

98. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? 

Invisibility would be pretty cool if you could turn it off and on like a switch. Don’t want to be seen by someone, click, exit, click and you’re back! Teleportation – over any distance – would also be pretty good. Just think of all those savings on time & fuel! 

99. Do you believe in the death penalty? 

No. Apart from it being barbaric there’s always the possibility that they got or convicted the wrong person. The number of murder cases being overturned years or decades later is just far too many for me to be happy with condemning someone to death. No coming back from that one! 

100. Are you happy, genuinely, consistently happy? 

[laughs] Of course NOT. I’m a fully functioning (on a good day) adult with a reasonable comprehension and appreciation of the world. To be genuinely, consistently happy you either need to be a not too aware child or someone with DEEP psychological issues or possibly someone on some serious or exotic drugs for ‘chemical assistance’. 

2 comments:

VV said...

Invisibility would also be my preferred superpower, but mine would be for safety. I’ve been stalked and attacked too many times in my life, and it would be nice to move freely through the world without fear of being hurt.

CyberKitten said...

Good point. To instantly 'vanish' is a VERY useful ability.