About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Friday, May 26, 2006

My Favourite Music: Argus by Wishbone Ash.

I first heard this album many, many years ago, probably not long after it was first released in April of 1972. I’m fairly confident that my school friend Robert Rowlands (you out there somewhere Rob?) played it – and others – during time spent at his house playing darts or cards or whatever pre-teens did in those days.

Anyway, this album always brings back memories of those days. I had recently moved to a new town (with my parents) and had started a new school. Everything was new, including the music I was listening to.

Maybe I’m getting old (and therefore nostalgic) because recently I’ve started collecting music from that by-gone era. This particular digitally remastered CD was a gift from my good friend CQ.

My favourite track? Track 3 – Blowin’ Free which is quite wonderful and very 1970’s.

5 comments:

dbackdad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dbackdad said...

Sorry, but that album cover looks like Darth Vader. :-)

I will have to try and find an mp3 or two of this band. I had never heard of them.

CyberKitten said...

I think that the helmet is supposed to be Greek - maybe. But I know what you mean.

I'm afraid that I know virtually nothing about the band - as with most of the music artists I like - I'm more into the sound rather than the people.

I don't think that Wishbone Ash is representative of my musical tastes. They're just too diverse for any one band/artist/CD to be that.

More music later....

If you can find some stuff from them I hope you enjoy it - if you like 70's rock that is.

craziequeen said...

[nudges blogger]

see?? 'good friend CQ'....

I'm a good friend!! :-D

and ck - it was an absolute pleasure to see your face when you unwrapped it...

cq

craziequeen said...

Done a bit of huntin'....and the helmet is referred to in an interview as a Grendel Helmet....

'I once thought of turning the Grendel helmet into a rather nice window box/plant holder!!:)'

Grendel of Beowulf fame, perhaps?

of course, you could always ask the band!
http://216.12.215.215/users/rpowell/index.cgi

cq