About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I’ve been Tagged………

Sadie Lou (over at Sadico Junction) tagged me recently about the Christmas presents I gave out and received this year.

For the second year in a row I guess that I’ve been pretty boring and lazy (or just clever maybe) by buying my friends presents from their Amazon Wish Lists. It certainly takes a LOT of the stress out of buying during the Holiday Season. This year I bought mostly DVD’s for people with the rather strange exception – at least I thought it was strange anyway – of a pair of bathroom scales. Well, it was what she wanted….

As to gifts received – as I said on Sadie’s Blog “What do you get for a kitten who already has everything?” I have the idea that I’m difficult to buy for (hence I have an Amazon Wish List too for people to use) because of part of my life’s philosophy: See it, Want it, Buy it. I’m also a bookaholic – so the chances are that if you think I would like a particular book the probability is high that I’ve already got it. Aginoth and Juggling Mother found this out this year. Their choice of present was very good. They thought, rightly I admit, that I would enjoy reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. It is, after all, a book that’s right up my street. Unfortunately my life philosophy had already kicked in and as soon as I heard of its existence I pre-ordered it on Amazon (you’re seeing a pattern here no doubt) and had it delivered the day it was published.

So, what did I actually receive this year? Books, of course! Six Impossible things before breakfast, YOU back the attack! We’ll bomb who we want, The Devil’s Doctor, Misquoting Jesus, The Children of Men, The Prestige and A Kiss of Shadows. No doubt I shall be reviewing these at some future date.

I wonder what I’ll get for my birthday? Books maybe?

4 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

You can NEVER go wrong with books. Getting a book is so exciting because I know that it will last for at least a few days!
*laughing*
If it's a really good book, I might try to stretch it out over a week.

CyberKitten said...

Most of my books last about a week - unless they're HUGE!

I used to read two a week - one during the weekdays and one over the weekend - but I guess I get out more these days....

Paste said...

A new pair of glasses? :-)

CyberKitten said...

Good guess Dave - I actually *need* a new pair of specs...