About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, January 28, 2008

These Are a Few of my Favourite Things:

1) Hard Cheese – especially mature Cheddar, Lancashire and Red Leicester
2) Vanilla – both the smell and the taste in ice cream and the much missed vanilla coke
3) Brilliant blue skies – something we don’t get a lot of during some winters.
4) Books and book shops – my signature addiction
5) Movies – especially at the cinema
6) Music – just about all types with only a few exceptions.
7) Computer games – particularly Real-Time Strategy
8) History – especially Ancient at the moment but also the 19th Century
9) Science – there are some areas I know very little about (such as Chemistry) and most Maths just leaves me cold but I do enjoy reading about physics and biology. Quantum Physics in particular makes my head spin in a most enjoyable way.
10) Art – I far prefer representational art (where what you see is fairly close to reality) but I have seen some modern art I actually liked. I don’t really have any favourite artists but I much prefer portraits to landscapes (which strangely is the opposite of what I like to take photographs of).
11) Debate – I love to argue with people.
12) My own bed – always a great pleasure when I get back from somewhere strange.
13) Long hot baths – a luxury in today’s instant gratification culture.
14) The nape of a woman’s neck.
15) Film Noir
16) Cats
17) T-shirts – I have literally hundreds of them.
18) Philosophy – my current obsession (see 4 and 11)
19) The colour blue (see 3) though in recent years I’ve developed a fondness for red and green too.
20) The motoring show Top Gear – though I have never driven a car, never learnt how to drive and have no real interest in any car related activity.
21) Cartoons – especially shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy.
22) Bugs Bunny
23) Red heads.
24) Conifers
25) A rugged coastline with waves crashing on a rocky shoreline.
26) Classical piano and Classical guitar.
27) The female singing voice regardless of musical genre.
28) Google
29) Hot Chocolate
30) My Sister.

9 comments:

wstachour said...

That's a fun exercise. I love many of the same things, even down to some of the fine details (about science reading, for example).

Other things I cede to you alone. Like your sister, for example. It would be a lie for me to claim too close an affiliation! ;-)

craziequeen said...

I did smile when I got to #30... :-)

No read surprises here - we know far too much about each other! :-)

cq

JR said...

I had to laugh about the car show. I love medical shows, Mystery Diagnosis is my favorite, but I will never be a doctor and have no interest in becoming one. Once upon a time I did contemplate that and began my studies with that goal in mind. I can honestly say, though the spirit was willing, the brain just wasn't up to the task. Now that I'm a lawyer and complain about the stress this career involves, I can even begin to imagine how much more stressful being a doctor must be. Oh, and the waves on the rocky coast, I am sooo there! :-)

Scott said...

Which RTS games do you like?

CIV 4 rules. Though maybe that's considered turn based strategy...

CyberKitten said...

wunelle said: I love many of the same things, even down to some of the fine details (about science reading, for example).

Cool.

CQ said: No read surprises here - we know far too much about each other! :-)

Oh... I'm sure that I have a few surprises...

V V said: I had to laugh about the car show.

Well... It's not *really* a car show as such. Just 3 guys having crazy fun... in cars.

Scott asked: Which RTS games do you like?

I used to absolutely *love* Age of Empires. Now my 'thing' is Company of Heroes. Many moons ago I was highly addicted to Diablo. Played it & the sequels for about 18 months almost non-stop [granted that Diablo isn't an RTS though!]

I've never played any of the Civ series.

dbackdad said...

Nice list. I share a lot of them with you, especially 4, 5, 18, and 22. I could not get enough of Bugs Bunny growing up. Still my favorite cartoons, hands-down.

Scott said...

I've still got to get the new AoE, but I'm pretty sure Company of Heroes won't run on my machine. Though I'm trying to upgrade, just takes a while to save up all those depreciating nickels dimes and pennies.

Antimatter said...

2) Vanilla is great, especially when vanilla ice cream melts in your mouth.

4) 5) Yep, I dig books and movies too. Needless to say :)

7) Computer Games - Sadly, don't make enough time to play. Last RTS I played was probably C&C Red Alert! Btw, isn't Civ turn based, not RTS?

9) Science - yes, especially physics!

13) Long hot baths - I get a lot of flack for these!

16) Dogs!

19) So, basically, you like white? ;)

28) Google, hell yeah

29) Hot chocolate, hell yeah!

CyberKitten said...

dbackdad said: I could not get enough of Bugs Bunny growing up. Still my favorite cartoons, hands-down.

He's great. One of my heroes.

scott said: I'm pretty sure Company of Heroes won't run on my machine.

[laughs] It *barely* runs on mine. My co-warrior Ali_P keeps trying to get me to upgrade so we can play CoD4. But I'm rater reluction to spend hundreds on a new PC just to play a new game!

AM: Thanks. Looks like there are more people out there with the same tastes than I imagined!