About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

"There is a doom inexorable and a law inviolable, or there is a providence that can be merciful, or else there is chaos that is purposeless and ungoverned. If a resistless fate, why try to struggle against it? If a providence willing to show mercy, do your best to deserve its divine succour. If chaos undirected, give thanks that amid such stormy seas you have within you a mind at the helm. If the waters overwhelm you, let them overwhelm flesh, breath, and all else, but they will never make shipwreck of the mind".

Marcus Aurelius.

3 comments:

dbackdad said...

Cool quote.

Karla said...

Are you looking forward to the new Star Trek movie?

CyberKitten said...

dbackdad said: Cool quote.

Isn't it just? I've just finished 'Meditations' and that really stuck out.

karla said: Are you looking forward to the new Star Trek movie?

Not really, No. I haven't liked most of the ST movies - the only one's I did like were 'Wrath of Khan', 'First Contact' & 'Insurrection'. The rest were very average at best. The last movie 'Nemesis' was terrible.

I've seen some of the trailers which have not exactly filled me with confidence - particularly the one where you see the Enterprise being constructed on the ground (which is ridiculous). Considering that the NX-01 was built in space - where it should be built - I couldn't help wondering what else they've played around with.

I'll probably see it - but my expectations won't be very high.