About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, September 07, 2009

2004

I’ve been keeping note of the movies in my favourite list that I’ve been blogging about over the past year or so and have discovered something interesting. Of the 33 mentioned so far a rather amazing 8 are all from 2004. What a good year for movies that was.

The Incredibles
The Bourne Supremacy
Troy
Hellboy
Man on Fire
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
National Treasure
I, Robot


Not bad, not bad at all……

5 comments:

VV said...

I saw The Incredibles, The Bourne Supremacy, National Treasure, and I, Robot, all great movies. I don't think I've ever made a list of my favorites. They're probably all over the place timewise, but all have one of the following themes in common: time travel, paranormal/supernatural, love stories combined with the supernatural (Brigadoon), overcoming the impossible in some sort of way, and good old fashioned action/adventure.

Thomas Fummo said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

I have actually found people... human people... who say that the Incredibles was... boring.

HUMAN PEOPLE SAID THIS!!!!
HAS THE WORLD GONE MAAAD???

anyway.

I have lots of favourites from the eighties too.
Time Bandits, Back to the Future, Die Hard, Grease, Night of the Creeps, Evil Dead, etc etc...

Sadie Lou said...

That is interesting.
2004 was an excellent year for movies:
I love the Bourne Movies
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I,Robot
The Life Aquatic
Closer (Love Clive Owen-He was also in Kind Arthur that year)

CyberKitten said...

V V - Oh, my favourite movies run from the 1940's to the present day. 2004 just stuck out in my list.

TF - How can anyone *not* like 'The Incredibles'?

Sadie - I forgot about 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Great film.

wstachour said...

Interesting. Yeah, that's a great year indeed.