About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012


“I did not lose my faith – I gave it up purposely. The motivation that drove me into the ministry – to know and speak the truth – is the same that drove me out… Opening my eyes to the real world, stripped of dogma, faith and loyalty to tradition, I could finally see clearly that there was no evidence for God, no coherent definition of a god, no agreement among believers as to the nature or moral principles of ‘God’, and no good answers to the positive arguments against the existence of a god, such as the problem of evil. And beyond all that, there is no need for a god. Millions of good people live happy, productive, moral lives without believing in god.”

Dan Barker.

No comments: