About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Thursday, June 23, 2016


I Have Voted.

I voted in the European Referendum on my way into work this morning - Remain, rather than Leave (as I've mentioned before). The results are due tomorrow and we should have a clear idea of what the percentages are when I blog next. My guess is a 52-48% split with the 52% voting Out. I'm also guessing that the turn out will be high with my estimate at 83%. I mean, even my Mother is voting and she hasn't done that (I think) since the 1970's! I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised but I'm too cynical about people to hold onto a great deal of hope. But in 24 hours we'll know the truth.  

5 comments:

VV said...

The news here just said the outs won. :-(

CyberKitten said...

Indeed. At my predicted 52-48% split.

We are SO screwed! It also looks like Scotland will look to leave the UK and stay in Europe (as predicted) so there goes the United Kingdom too!

What a day...... [sobs] Well it does prove my point of being surrounded by idiots.

VV said...

My condolences. 🙁

CyberKitten said...

Oh, it can only get worse... [lol]

CyberKitten said...

Oh, the good news is that even after we leave I can still claim EU citizenship through my Irish ancestry - so if it all goes completely pear shaped they have to let me in (or out!)

[rotflmao]