About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, November 25, 2019

Shamelessly copied from Stephen's Blog...

The 1899 Questionnaire

Your favourite virtue?

Open-minded curiosity.

Your favourite qualities in man?

Courage, Compassion, Humour

Your favourite qualities in woman?

Courage, Compassion, Humour

Your favourite occupation?

Research

Your chief characteristic?

Being misunderstood

Your idea of happiness?

Reading a good book

Your idea of misery?

Being forced to do mundane or ‘fun’ things whilst being denied access to a good book I’ve already started

Your favourite colour and flower?

Blue and… erm….. thinks…..

If not yourself, who would you be?

I’ve never actually wanted to be anyone else but myself – although I’d have liked to be a bit better looking.

Where would you like to live?

On a hillside, overlooked a rugged coastline with a forest behind…

Your favourite poets?

Not really my thing but the Romantics definitely had something going for them.

Your favourite painters and composers?

My art appreciation is all over the place from the Pre-Raphaelites to various forms of Modern and Avant Guard. I can appreciate most things even if I won’t hang it on my wall.

Composers….. Mozart, Rachmaninov, Satie, Karl Jenkins, Albinoni, anything Baroque…

Your favourite heroes in real life?

Any of the Great Explorers

Your favourite heroines in real life?

Anyone who found injustice intolerable and fought to eradicate it.

Your favourite heroes in fiction?

Richard Sharpe, Paul Atreides and others no doubt

Your favourite heroines in fiction?

Elizabeth Bennett, Anne Elliott, Emma Woodhouse, Art3mis

Your favourite food and drink?

Italian/Indian, real ale, vodka, Coke and (presently) Apple Lucozade

Your favourite names?

Elizabeth, Anne, Emma, Victoria, Caroline, Christine….. Catherine….

Your pet aversion?

Wilful ignorance coupled with strong opinion

What characters in history do you most dislike?

Anyone who went out of their way to harm others or failed to stand up for what was right through their own selfishness or greed

What is your present state of mind?

Tired (always)

For what fault have you most toleration?

Ignorance

Your favourite motto?

“Cursed is He who leaves the World no Better than When He entered it”

6 comments:

mudpuddle said...

now i don't have to fill one of these out; i just agree with everything you put down, lol...

Stephen said...

BTW, I just learned that vodka mixed with water is apparently a good odor neutralizer. This is from "101 Ways to Go Zero Waste", so if you need an excuse to buy the stuff in bulk.. :p

CyberKitten said...

@ Mudpuddle: Are you my long lost clone? Go figure! [lol]

@ Stephen: I guess that vodka would be useful for most things - pain killer, weed killer, unblock drains...... anti-freeze in cars..... [grin]

Judy Krueger said...

Oh boy. Now I have a self-portrait of CyberKitten!

CyberKitten said...

@ Judy: Oh, that's just a paper thin wafer of the complexity that is Cyberkitten..... [grin]

VV said...

I loved these Proust questionnaires in Vanity Fair. I did one on my blog, oh my gosh, ten years ago! Time flies! Glad to learn more about you. https://myownzen.blogspot.com/2009/02/tribute-to-vanity-fair-questionairre.html