About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Monday, December 02, 2019

The Sunshine Blogger Meme Thingy….. (Nominated by Sarah from All The Book Blog Names Are Taken)

What genres do you prefer? Why?

Science Fiction (Never ending storytelling, mind expanding, open ended universe), Crime/Mystery (Puzzle solving), Historical (Getting ideas what to read next in non-fiction history), History (Finding out how & why we got here), Philosophy (Ideas!), Politics (The natural human condition), Science (Finding out how the Universe works).

What genres do you refuse to read? Why?

Romance… ICKY! Full of kissing & love and stuff….. [shudder]

What is the easiest thing about blogging for you? The hardest?

The easiest thing is finding stuff to post or re-post. The hardest thing is producing original content on a regular basis. Being tagged really helps!

If you could become a character in any book, which book and why?

Probably the hero’s side-kick, or his/her side-kick’s side-kick. Definitely not the hero. Too much effort involved and heroes tend to get other people killed. Too much pressure!

If you could travel to any period in history, which would it be, and why?

To visit? Probably early 20th century Europe circa 1910. Just before it all started going wrong. When Western civilisation still had confidence and hope in the future. Before we screwed everything up. That’d be nice, to see things how they might have been…..

Do you ever DNF books? What makes you DNF?

VERY occasionally. I’m normally very good at picking books that I’ll at least read. Odds are probably 1 in 60 or higher of a DNF. Reasons: REALLY bad or BORING writing.

Who are your favourite authors?

Bernard Cornwell, Larry Niven, Jane Austin, Alison Weir, Mark Mills… and countless others. I just love good story telling.

How important is book cover quality to you? Why?

I like the look of a good book cover and a bad one might put me off buying a book but covers are relatively unimportant compared to subject/plot and author. 

Name a character that you would want to be best friends with, and why.

I keep bringing her up but I do think that I could be fast friends with Elizabeth Bennett – even after she married D’arcy. She’s smart, funny, witty, good natured (mostly) and most likely a great deal of fun to spend any time with.

Name a character who would become your mortal enemy, should you ever cross paths in real life.

Oh, I don’t do the whole mortal enemy thing. Life is just too short. It would be a very strange world indeed where I dedicated a portion of my waking hours to doing bad things to someone. I’m really not that person.

Which authors would you invite to a dinner party? (never mind silly things like death)

Iain Banks & Philip Pullman, Ian Kershaw, Margaret MacMillan, James Holland. That’d make for some seriously good conversations late into the night!

4 comments:

mudpuddle said...

i thought you did this already... (maybe that was someone else?) anyway you get 100%: all the answers are correct...

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

Yay! Thanks for playing!! I also say ewwwww to kissing books. Yuck.

Judy Krueger said...

Thanks for another look into your reading personality!

CyberKitten said...

@ Mudpuddle: Yes, I did - the original one for Judy, then a different one for Stephen, then this one for Sarah.

@ Sarah: Most romance is, I think, really badly done. Either SO unrealistic or just too sleazy. Never been my favourite thing.

@ Judy: Oh, as usual it's a very narrow snapshot.