About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Thursday, November 19, 2020


 The Tale of Two South's........

So, South Korea - with a population of around 52 Million - has just had around 500 Covid related deaths, whilst South Dakota - with a population of less that 1 Million - has just had over 600 Covid related deaths..... May I suggest that something is VERY wrong in South Dakota..... Unless there's some other explanation for having over 50x the death rate..... Just saying....

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Color me dubious. Dying with covid is different from dying BY covid, but I don't think that distinction is being made.

Brian Joseph said...

We have a movement in America dedicated to fighting any measures meant to remediate the problem.

Not to long ago they were claiming it was all a hoax. I have Trump supporting relatives who were posting Covid denialism on Facebook as late as the summer.

mudpuddle said...

i hear that some dying patients are telling doctors they don't have it, and to treat them for what they DO have... the dangers of an uncontrolled media are becoming more evident every day... altho the opposite might be just as bad.. or worse...

CyberKitten said...

@ Stephen: I think even if there's some doubt over what the death certificates said it's still difficult to explain the HUGE discrepancy in deaths per capita. Or do you doubt all of the stats?

@ Brian: I am amazed when I see people *protesting* against Public Health matters. There's a highly contagious virus out there which is killing LOTS of people that we don't yet have a vaccine for.... and they don't like wearing a mask outside? PLEASE..... [shakes head]. The denial of reality doesn't really work when it punches you in the face!

@ Mudpuddle: I saw that on CNN. Where patients are arguing with medical staff over their diagnosis of Covid. They don't believe they are in hospital, and potentially dying, of a disease they don't believe exists! Totally bizarre! Was there *anything* like this in 1918-19 I wonder???