About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, August 27, 2022

20 More (Random Internet) Questions 


What was the last movie that made you cry? 

It’s not something I do very often. I’m not sure... [muses] 

What language do you like the sound of, even though you don’t know how to speak it? 

Welsh. It’s very musical and poetic sounding, no matter what is being discussed. I used to hear it a lot when I was regularly visiting Cardiff some years ago. 

Would you rather never be able to wear pants or never be able to wear shorts? 

Well, I never wear shorts already, so..... 

Which social media do you use the most often? 

Blogger! 

What’s the worst injury you’ve ever gotten? 

A broken heart! [lol] 

Have you had any near-death experiences? 

Possibly. I was ill as a child. I don’t think anyone, including me, knew just HOW ill I was. So, one night I woke up in the pitch black. I could feel the room getting smaller & smaller as I seemed to rise above my bed until I could barely see it (with me in it!) a LONG way below me. I was both fascinated and enthralled by the process. Then I slowly started to return to my bed and (I suppose) my body. I actually remember fighting against it because I was having so much ‘fun’ being free as air. I’m guessing that my temperature was high enough to confuse my brain and I had a classic ‘out of body’ experience. It was interesting, to say the least! 

Where have you traveled? 

Scotland, Wales (many times), France (several times), Amsterdam, Italy, Canary Islands, Spain, Portugal, San Francisco, Australia, New Zealand, Vancouver Island.  

Would you rather be a famous director or a famous actor? 

Director. Seems like a far more interesting job. 

Would you rather be held in high regard by your parents or your friends? 

Friends probably. 

What are five things that you cannot live without? 

Air, Water, Food, Books & Music 

Would you rather be forced to kill one innocent person or five people who committed minor crimes? 

I would point-blank refuse to do either.  

What is your take on climate change? 

I don’t think there’s a ‘take’. You either accept the science or you don’t. I accept it. The planet is definitely warming, the speed of the warming is unprecedented in ‘recent’ history and we humans are (largely) responsible for it. What makes the whole thing worse is that many people know this but no one wants to be mildly inconvenienced whilst we (at least attempt to) sort it out. We need to reduce the amount of Greenhouse gases going INTO the atmosphere, start taking out MORE of those we’ve already put in and put FAR more effort into mitigation efforts to cope with the consequences already baked in. It’s not rocket science people!  

What is the last dream you can remember? 

I don’t always remember my dreams. I do have some common themes though – usually I’ve lost something and can’t find it anywhere or I’m looking for somewhere but can’t find a way to get to it (or, sometimes, back to it). I do, on occasion, have VERY interesting and vivid dreams. Probably my favourite was one where I was in the Underworld literally wading through a river of blood and body parts towards the other shore. I was carrying a short sword in one hand and a round shield in the other and was wearing what looked very much like a short pleated skirt. On the shore was around 8-10 men waiting for me and they were definitely NOT friendly. Me? I was smiling as I approached them.... 

Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere or be able to read minds? 

Teleport, definitely. I mean, how cool would THAT Be? Reading minds? No THANK you! 

What era would you choose to live in if you could? 

Now. Now is ALWAYS best. Who would want to live in a world without anti-biotics or the Internet? Not me! 

Do you have any addiction? 

Probably a few, over and above buying books. Caffeine probably. Redheads, probably too... 

How do you spend a typical Saturday night? 

Gaming online with the Guys and maybe watching a late-night movie. 

How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason? 

I ignore them – pointedly. 

Would you rather lose all your money and valuables or all the pictures you have ever taken? 

All my pictures. I have something called a memory that serves me quite well! 

Would you rather only wear one colour each day or have to wear seven colours each day? 

My clothing palette is quite small – Black, Blue, Red and Green mostly. If I had to choose one, I’d be more than happy just to wear Black. 

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Interesting questions. I liked your answers, especially the one on global warming, we should have done something fifty years ago but anyone who warned people back then or did something against it was considered crazy. Now who were the crazu ones?

Stephen said...

Fascinating that you've had an out of body experience. What's your take on it? Do you think 'seeing' your body was creative brainwork? Most of the people I've talked to who have had OOBEs or NDEs have a history of drug use, but I don't think that's true in your case.. :p

CyberKitten said...

@ Marianne: I was looking for something to fill a few Saturday posts and stumbled on this list of questions (100 in total) so I stripped out the ones I didn't like & this is part of the rest. Agree that we should've been combating Global Warming *years* ago - but Humanity 'en masse' are SLOW learners. We'll get there eventually - late of course, just hopefully not TOO late but I'm cynical enough to think that many people will die before we finally get our act together.

@ Stephen: It was a weird if fascinating experience. As with all things I can only speculate that my 'experience' was the brain trying to make sense of what was going on. I was around 10-11 so 'experience' wasn't really there! I suppose that my 'floating' was an interpretation of being light-headed due to my fever. After that it was likely a fair bit of free association and probably memories of things I'd pick up from TV etc.. Everything was taking place in my brain. Even back that I couldn't really believe that I'd *actually* left my body behind. No history of drug use (except over the counter stuff) especially 50 years ago!

Marianne said...

That is a fantastic idea.

You are right, we should have done something ages ago and people were warned back then but nobody would listen. I remember being laughed at because we sorted our trash. Then, years later, people had to pay more if they created more rubbish and, guess what, everyone started sorting. It's like that with everything, you have to really make people pay or work hard before they understand. Even now there are still those who don't "believe" in global warming or science in general. How is that even possible?

CyberKitten said...

I think part of the problem with our response to Global Warming is timescales. Governments tend to think only to the next election, where companies look as far as the next shareholders meeting. When you think in one, two or five year timescales then Global Warming (in general) in someone else's problem. Putting in flood defences and such takes years of planning and construction - often well beyond the next election. So voters remember YOUR higher taxes and vote you out but your OPPONENTS defences which saved lives and property. So governments do either the minimum or nothing at all. We need to be thinking fifty or a hundred years hence and plan accordingly.

I don't understand people who refuse to believe things aren't changing for the worse. Just look at temperature records being regularly broken, just look at the increasingly weird weather with droughts, floods, tornadoes and hurricanes, epic snowfall and so on. EXACTLY as Climate scientists have been predicting - and still no one will say that YES, THIS event *WAS* caused by Global Warming! Honestly, it's one of the reasons why I never wanted to have kids. I feel sorry for the world we're leaving them.

Marianne said...

I know what you're saying and I totally understand.

Of course, governments won't do much against global warming, as you say, they don't think that far ahead, only want to save their own jobs. But people! Someone I know once posted on the internet that snow in Georgia meant that global warming is a hoax. How can you argue with people like that? They only believe what they want to believe.