About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, December 10, 2022

100 Questions – to get to know someone.

Not much to edit this time, but a few of the questions seem (to me anyway) very American based again.

11. Do you eat breakfast in the morning? 

Yes. It’s often a mixture of things depending on my mood. It could be cereal, toast or just a light snack to get me going. 

12. When you go to the beach, do you sunbathe or swim more? 

I’m not really a beach person. I don’t ‘perform’ well in direct sunlight or in the heat. Plus, I find beach life REALLY boring. Oh, and I never learnt to swim.

13. Have you ever ridden a city bus before? 

LOL – Every day when I was working. These days maybe twice a month or so. I must’ve taken tens of thousands of bus trips. 

14. Have you ever traveled outside of the country? If so, where? 

Yes. Scotland, Wales, France, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada.  

15. If you got arrested, what do you think it would be for? 

Probably for something really stupid. 

16. What is your favorite childhood memory? 

Oddly, my childhood – at least until my early teens – is largely blank. I don’t think it was to ‘forget’ anything bad, it’s just that I wasn’t really paying attention. 

17. What was your favorite song two years ago? What is it now? 

NO idea. I’m always listening to music so don’t really have any favourite songs that I can focus on YEARS ago. These days I’m loving listening to Classic FM on the radio – even if they’re playing a LOT of Christmas music presently [grin]  

18. What teacher have you had that's made the biggest impact on your life? How? 

Probably my early English and my later Maths teacher, both of whom lent me books and encouraged my reading habits very early on.  

19. Are you a cat person or a dog person? 

Let me think about this for a moment..... [lol] LOVE cats but still like dogs a lot too. Both are special in their own way. But there’s definitely ‘something’ special about cats. 

20. What is a quote from any movie that you know off the top of your head? 

LOTS. Aliens is a get film to quote as is almost any movie with Arnie in it. The “I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe...” speech is probably my fave but “Nuke ‘em from space, it’s the only way to be sure” is right up there. 

2 comments:

VV said...


12. When you go to the beach, do you sunbathe or swim more?

I’m not really a beach person. I don’t ‘perform’ well in direct sunlight or in the heat. Plus, I find beach life REALLY boring. <<<My brother from another mother! ☺️ Also, I DID learn to swim, but nearly drowned twice, so I’m very cautious around water now.

CyberKitten said...

I nearly drowned too during a school trip to the local swimming pool. Some idiot pushed me in the deep end and it took a few moments before they realised I was really struggling and not 'messing about'. It took me DECADES to get over that one. Only in 2000 on a trip to Australia did I get into the water and actually start to enjoy snorkelling..

It would be REALLY funny if we were in fact related somewhere along the line!