About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, December 24, 2022

100 Questions – to get to know someone.

21. What are you most afraid of? 

Intermittent dementia. Knowing that you could lose your marbles and that you might never get them back in the bag is pretty scary!  

22. If superheroes were real, who would you want to protect your city? 

Well, with the mess they cause ‘saving’ anywhere I’d have to say a very emphatic: No.   

23. What is the silliest reason you've ever cried? 

Probably during a particularly sad scene in a movie. 

24. If you could be a character on any show, what show would you choose? Why? 

Well, it wouldn’t be a mystery series.... Maybe a light comedy.... 

25. You're stuck on an island with no way off and no one knows you're there, what three items do you have with you? 

Satellite phone, solar powered battery charger, HUGE bottle of sun lotion.   

26. What is the name of one song you know all the words to? 

An OLD one no doubt! Do songs these days have that many meaningful words in them?  

27. Are you a sore loser? 

No. Mostly...... 

28. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? 

Open. Although I used to sleep with them closed when I had a cat. She found my pile of T-shirts a very comfy place to sleep on! 

29. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? 

Depending on the bear you might be able to our run or out-think it, but you might be able to avoid the bees in water. Plus, bees are pretty cool and you shouldn’t really annoy them for no good reason.  

30. What is your biggest pet peeve? 

Willful ignorance. 

5 comments:

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

An emphatic yes to songs today having meaning still. I might be a little biased, but Harry Styles really does hve some bangers; 'Little Freak' and 'Matilda' especially. I am in love with everything Niall Horan has written and both his albums are brilliant. And can never go wrong with Green Day, really the entire catalog but especially American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown, Revolution Radio, and Father of All.

CyberKitten said...

LOL - *Really* showing my age I think. Plus most of my younger friends are into whatever they're calling 'Rock' these days. The one with all the screaming in it.

Marian H said...

Haha, I feel the same way about superheroes! Who's paying for all this collateral damage???

Ditto Sarah... although I listen to a lot of indie music so I can't really speak for mainstream pop. I don't know what genres you prefer, but for rock, I can recommend Deep Sea Diver (no screaming involved :)). For gentle listening, probably some indie folk artists like August and After, or Parekh & Singh (dream-pop).

CyberKitten said...

I got really fed up with the whole Superhero genre after Endgame Part 1. But what always made me laugh at all of them is the amount of collateral destruction caused by fighting the bad guys. It seems that they've taken the 'we had to destroy it to save it' philosophy to heart. Plus it always made me wonder just where everyone was - especially the police or military. I mean. where's a F-16 when you need one?

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

I can definitely do without the screaming! Unless Billie Joe Armstrong is the one screaming on any of the Green Day albums. But I am biased, because I love Billie Joe so much.

I am gravitating toward mainstream pop right now, but again because Harry is IT. And Niall. Also Louis Tomlinson's new album Faith in the Future. SO FUCKING GOOD.