About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, September 10, 2023


I couldn't but help remembering when, I think it was during my 1st year @ Uni, a bunch of us (6-8 I think) were in a pub in Warrington for some reason. It was a nice day and we were having fun. We'd been drinking for a little while so we were a bit boisterous... At one point a young woman from a group across the room came over and asked us to keep the noise down. So I reached into my pocket, pulled out a 20p coin (about a quarter American), and handed it to her. She looked down at the coin and asked me what it was for. So I said, "I think you need to invest in a sense of humour, love". There was a slight pause and then the guys behind me just fell about laughing. At that point the girl slunk back to her group and we heard nothing more from them. 

No comments: