About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, July 11, 2026

7 comments:

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

I will forever love that a group of crows is a murder.

CyberKitten said...

Cool, isn't it. I do love some of the whacky pluralities out there.

Marianne said...

So great. It made me laugh.

CyberKitten said...

Language based humour can be very funny.

Marianne said...

Since I love everything about languages, this belongs to my favourite kind of humour.

CyberKitten said...

We are in complete agreement on that one! English is the only language I really know, but I do LOVE it so.... Its ONE reason why I get so annoyed when you see people online saying that the books they 'read' are too difficult and that authors should use *easier* words....! I mean.... WHAT???? One of my great joys of reading is discovering NEW words to add to my collection.

Marianne said...

Definitely. And, as you say, even in your own language you can find so many great words that always lead you to new adventures. Mind you, I love being able to get to know more words even from languages I don't speak and I know you are the same there. We don't have to be perfect in a certain language in order to enjoy some of it.