About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, July 19, 2026

6 comments:

Stephen said...

And Israel's supporters do not realize how quickly they create anti-semites by accusing anyone who criticizes Israel an anti-semite. Get accused of being the Bad Guy often enough and you'll start leaning into it. ("Say goodnight to the bad guy!") Anti-semitism is surging in both the left and right in America, and it's down to Israel. Of course, Israel realizes the Boomers are their only stronghold in America: once they begin dying off, and they are now, DC's relationship with Israel is going to radically change. I think that's why they're shooting their bolt now.

CyberKitten said...

Like crying 'wolf' the antisemitism card has been played FAR too much, so much so that its fast becoming meaningless. You can criticise the actions of the Israeli government or the IDF *without* being antisemitic.

There's a real possibility that Israel has lost the US. If that's the case (as the recent vote in the House seems to indicate) then Israel is probably living on borrowed time. That might indeed 'explain' why Israel is trying to take as much land as it can now before they have to go purely defensive. After that.... I guess the clock will start ticking. Will Israel even *exist* in 50 years? Who knows....

Stephen said...

I have a dark fear that if pushed, they'll pull out all the stops and deploy their own nuclear arms -- a kind of "If I'm going down, you're coming with me" attitude.

CyberKitten said...

Israel using nukes as a last resort is certainly a possibility. No idea what happens afterwards though! I think that'll be the next nuke used - either that or India/Pakistan. I'm actually impressed that we've managed *NOT* to use them for 80 years!

Stephen said...

I remember the dread when India and Pakistan both became nuclear powers, but they've been surprisingly restrained since then. Maybe if Iran DOES get the nuke Israel will have to start talking to it like another country instead of its designated enemy.

Seeing some interesting chatter that the current war is causing a leadership shift -- away from the mullahs and towards the IRGC. Guess only time will tell.

CyberKitten said...

Pulling out of the Iran nuclear agreement and then attacking Iran repeatedly is a good way to ENCOURAGE Iran to get nukes. Iran knows for a fact that if it did develop or buy nuclear weapons then its MUCH more likely that the US and Israel would leave it alone. Attacking Iran is DUMB for a whole host of reasons.