About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Sunday, July 26, 2026

4 comments:

Stephen said...

MA was murdered for nothing. She never said that BS line about cake.

But yeah, the data centers thing....in our gubernatorial race one is saying "Well, maybe we should slow down" and the other is "Full steam ahead", but nether is actively against them.

CyberKitten said...

I think Marie Antoinette was killed for being a symbol of an uncaring and repressive regime who flaunted their wealth as people literally starved in the streets... But tomato, tomato & all that....

Thinking rationally (sorry!) you'd think that whoever is building (and authorising) the Data Centers would ensure that there is *enough* water & power to satisfy them along with the local residents.... I've certainly not *heard* of any problems with them in the UK & Europe...... Or anywhere other than the US actually... [muses]

Stephen said...

There are some who say the anti-data center thing is being provoked by the Chinese to inhibit DC's AI potentials. Considering how obnoxious and job-threatening AI is, I can't really rise to their defense. I really dislike the 21st century.

CyberKitten said...

I think that most of the anti-Data Center sentiment is very much home grown by people who are having their lives disrupted with zero consultation, zero appreciation and zero upside. I wonder how long it will be before the first one is attacked or taken offline through sabotage?

Oh, if you don't like the 21st century so far you'll *REALLY* not going to like the next 25-50 years!