About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Saturday, July 25, 2026


The Last 10 Books (I added to my Wish List) - July 2026  

It's actually been quite the slow month and, just for a moment, I even thought that I might not add a full 10 new books to my every growing Wish List! I'm even slowing down on BUYING books... What will become of me when I don't have a bazillion books in my house waiting for my attention? Who will think of the children BOOKS? Anyway, here's the last 10 I added: 

Conquest: A History of Roman Britain by Ferdinand Addis 

Every Nation for Itself: Winners and Losers in a G-Zero World by Ian Bremmer 

Leyte Gulf: A New History of the World's Largest Sea Battle by Mark Stille 

Midway: The Pacific War’s Most Famous Battle by Mark Stille 

Project Maven: A Marine Colonel, His Team, and the Dawn of AI Warfare by Katrina Manson 

The People's Emperor: The Unlikely Rise and Spectacular Fall of Napoleon III by Edward Shawcross 

1942: Hitler's Gamble for Victory by Richard Hargreaves 

Putin's Wars: From Chechnya to Ukraine by Mark Galeotti 

The Cat's Tales: Feline Fairy Tales and Folklore by Charlie Creed 

Cat Tales: A History by Jerry Moore 

Mostly history (as usual) but some geo-politics and a bit about AI so not too bad, oh... and cats. Funnily I hadn't realised that the Napoleon III book was by the same author as my recent Emperor Maxamilian read. I think will be bought the moment it comes out in paperback! 

No comments: