Or maybe the 1990s...I can still navigate a Windows 95/98 menu with ease. I remember all old the pathways, and now I'm forced to search for apps like a common plebe.
Haven't read that yet. But I do remember a kinda time-travel story where the main character was going to live IN a Jane Austen novel and wanted her black friend to join her. *One* of the things she pointed out why she was turning the 'opportunity' down was the fact that they hadn't invented toilet paper yet.... GOOD point!
8 comments:
Or maybe the 1990s...I can still navigate a Windows 95/98 menu with ease. I remember all old the pathways, and now I'm forced to search for apps like a common plebe.
The 80's and 90's were pretty rough... but feel *much* better (and saner!) than the present. GOOD music too!
The 80s were a very rough and painful decade for me. I’ll pass on this time travel.
Not sure where I'd go if I could time travel..... You'd certainly have to get ALL of your shots to travel very far into the past!!
Kind of like the Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
Haven't read that yet. But I do remember a kinda time-travel story where the main character was going to live IN a Jane Austen novel and wanted her black friend to join her. *One* of the things she pointed out why she was turning the 'opportunity' down was the fact that they hadn't invented toilet paper yet.... GOOD point!
I got all the Connie Willis books so I could read them in order because I so loved Doomsday.
The only one I have (I think) is 'Blackout' about time travel back to the London blitz.
Post a Comment