BTW, just saw an interesting book called "Domesday", a thousand mile walk across the England of 1066. Wonder how the author manages that. If I had a time-travel machine doing a through-hike of medieval England would not be on the short list.
(I imagine he's going to visit extant Saxon and Norman sites.....maybe view that very old church door...)
4 comments:
It's brilliant. :D
BTW, just saw an interesting book called "Domesday", a thousand mile walk across the England of 1066. Wonder how the author manages that. If I had a time-travel machine doing a through-hike of medieval England would not be on the short list.
(I imagine he's going to visit extant Saxon and Norman sites.....maybe view that very old church door...)
Interesting... There's LOTS of Norman stuff out there - mostly churches (I've been in a few) and castle bits (or ruins). PLENTY to choose from!
1066 and All That is still a very popular subject both in fiction & non-fiction. We still haven't quite gotten over it yet! [lol]
CK - I too have not gotten over 1066 lol
Quite right too! Even IF I'm a Celt of Irish ancestry, I still grieve for the loss of Anglo-Saxon England.
Post a Comment