The Last 10 Books (I added to my Wish List) - August 2026
It's been quite a busy month for my Wish List with additions from Booktube as well as a packed bibliography from a recent eye-opening read. It's quite a mix of old/new and near/far this month. As usual I have zero idea when (or if) I'll get around to them, but where's the fun in actually KNOWING what you're going to read next, right?
How to Lose the Information War: Russia, Fake News, and the Future of Conflict by Nina Jankowicz
KLEPTOPIA: How Dirty Money is Conquering the World by Tom Burgis
The Dragons and the Snakes: How the Rest Learned to Fight the West by David Kilcullen
The Art of War and Peace: The Changing Face of 21st Century Warfare by David Kilcullen and Greg Mills
China After Mao: The Rise of a Superpower by Frank Dikötter
Fortune's Bazaar: The Making of Hong Kong by Vaudine England
Conquering the North: China, Russia, Mongolia: 2,000 Years of Conflict by John Man
Empires of the Steppes: The Nomadic Tribes Who Shaped Civilisation by Kenneth W. Harl
The Ghosts of Cannae: Hannibal and the Darkest Hour of the Roman Republic by Robert L O'Connell
Humanise: A Maker’s Guide to Building Our World by Thomas Heatherwick
Funnily (I've just remembered), I saw 'Humanise' on the bookshelf of a YouTuber who was using it as a backdrop... The things you notice!


No comments:
Post a Comment