About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Tuesday, September 08, 2026

7 comments:

Captivated Reader said...

Have you read Wittgenstein's Poker by David Edmonds and John Eidinow? It's an excellent read if you are into philosophy!

CyberKitten said...

No, I've never heard of it! I'll check it out THANKS! Part of my BA was in Philosophy which I enjoyed so much I later, actually MUCH later, did a Masters in it which I LOVED.

Captivated Reader said...

I think you will love Wittengestein's Poker. It had been recommended to me by my college philosophy professor. Wittengestein's Poker is written by two BBC Journalists.

CyberKitten said...

I've added it to my Wish List along with another of one of the authors books about a philosopher attempting to prove objective secular morality. That does sound interesting - especially as I don't believe objective morality exists (or can exist).

Captivated Reader said...

I still have Rousseau's Dog: Two Great Thinkers At War in the Age of Enlightenment – An Intellectual History of Treachery and Shattered Friendship by the same authors in my 'tbr' pile.... I'm sure I'll get to it one day!!

CyberKitten said...

I read that back in 2008 and was a bit disappointed (according to my review). I was expecting much more philosophy but it was largely a historical piece. Interesting for what it was though... I'll try to get to more philosophy later in the year if I can.

Marianne said...

So true.