About Me

My photo
I have a burning need to know stuff and I love asking awkward questions.

Thursday, September 17, 2026

6 comments:

Stephen said...

Well, it was that or ST's space pajamas. Though ST Enterprise and ST DS9 did have uniforms that actually looked military -- LATE DS9 I should say, the Dominion War stuff. I really liked how Enterprise's uniforms looked like actual utility clothes.

CyberKitten said...

Looks like something an AI would "think" of as symbolising 'space military'. They either ignored/didn't recognise the obvious 'Fascist esthetic' or liked/approved of it

Stephen said...

Being provocative is something of DT's stock in trade. He does something outrageous, people talk about it, he gets his ego fed. Looking forward to finally getting to CONFIDENCE MAN once I've finished my presidents project.

CyberKitten said...

"Provocative" is DEFINITELY one way to categorise his 'policy' thoughts/decisions. He's certainly provoked much of the world at one time or another or in one way or another. I'm SURE it'll all work out in the end though... 5D chess for the win, right?

Stephen said...

I think the only person this Iran debacle is working out for is Netanyahu himself. Problem is, when Trump loses and Dems get back in, they're going to take the blame for whatever peace deal is worked out -- a bit like Biden catching hell for the Afghanistan evaucation, though I still don't know how much of that debacle owed to lack of prior planning during the Trump admin (which signed the deal) and how much owed to lack of proper execution by Biden's admin.

CyberKitten said...

Well, it might be of short term benefit to Netanyahu/Israel in the short term but I think its going to be a longer term disaster. If his/Israel's reputation wasn't tarnished enough with the ongoing genocide, the Iran war (and all of the global consequences) happening at his bequest isn't making him any new friends. Europe has already (mostly) turned against him/it and the US isn't that far behind. I think that the outlook for Israel in the medium term is at best problematic if not actually grim. Plus the Middle East is going to be particularly chaotic for another generation. I suppose that the only upside is that the move to non-oil based economies is going to accelerate faster than anticipated. Maybe we'll finally be able to ditch hydrocarbons...