I watched a video recently and learned that the tower had been sinking so much it had gotten dangerous, so they stabilized and "corrected" it....to remain a lean-y tourist attraction. XD
Speaking of videos, did you see Feral Historian's treatment of the Maquis? If that doesn't make you want to watch DS9, I don't know what to tell you!
Me & a friend went to Pisa on our Italian trip. We went to the Tourist Information place and asked if there was anything else to see apart from the leaning tower.... Not really, they said..... I'm not sure if they were kidding or not. We only stayed for a few hours & left.
Not sure if I've seen the Marquis episode. I'll check it out.
Really?! The building behind it looks gorgeous. Frankly I imagine even the most ordinary Italian city with historic architecture would be worth seeing, but that's coming from an American whose 'Historic' city is 200 years old. I think the oldest extant building is from 1838, the St. James hotel.
I really liked Rome, but I LOVED Florence. I can see why the city's inhabitants felt the way they did about it during the Renaissance. Rome was pretty amazing though - something truly ancient around every corner often THOUSANDS of years old. Pretty mind blowing some times!
I think I would've spent longer in Pisa but my friend wasn't the culture/architecture vulture that I am. Afterall, I spent around 8 hours in one section of the Louvre and took around 60+ photographs there - just of neo-classical sculpture.... [lol]
4 comments:
I watched a video recently and learned that the tower had been sinking so much it had gotten dangerous, so they stabilized and "corrected" it....to remain a lean-y tourist attraction. XD
Speaking of videos, did you see Feral Historian's treatment of the Maquis? If that doesn't make you want to watch DS9, I don't know what to tell you!
Me & a friend went to Pisa on our Italian trip. We went to the Tourist Information place and asked if there was anything else to see apart from the leaning tower.... Not really, they said..... I'm not sure if they were kidding or not. We only stayed for a few hours & left.
Not sure if I've seen the Marquis episode. I'll check it out.
Really?! The building behind it looks gorgeous. Frankly I imagine even the most ordinary Italian city with historic architecture would be worth seeing, but that's coming from an American whose 'Historic' city is 200 years old. I think the oldest extant building is from 1838, the St. James hotel.
I really liked Rome, but I LOVED Florence. I can see why the city's inhabitants felt the way they did about it during the Renaissance. Rome was pretty amazing though - something truly ancient around every corner often THOUSANDS of years old. Pretty mind blowing some times!
I think I would've spent longer in Pisa but my friend wasn't the culture/architecture vulture that I am. Afterall, I spent around 8 hours in one section of the Louvre and took around 60+ photographs there - just of neo-classical sculpture.... [lol]
Post a Comment